Interested in Becoming a For Purpose Fundraising Mentor?
WHAT IS FOR PURPOSE?
For Purpose is Ireland’s not-for-profit graduate programme. We attract, mentor and develop the future leaders of the sector. For Purpose connects not-for-profit organisations with talented graduates who are searching ‘for purpose’ in their careers and the chance to make an impact on civil society.
HOW DOES FOR PURPOSE WORK?
• Graduates apply to the For Purpose programme and undergo a screening and interview process managed by the For Purpose team.
• Following on from screening, candidates are shortlisted to attend a panel interview with the partner organisation.
• Graduate trainees on the programme are selected from this process. Trainees are employed directly by the partner organisation.
• Graduates receive one-to-one mentoring and attend roundtable sessions throughout their traineeship.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A FOR PURPOSE FUNDRAISING MENTOR?
Are you interested in helping to support and develop the future leaders of the sector? We are seeking an additional Fundraising Mentor to provide one-to-one mentoring to For Purpose trainees. The mentor will operate on a self-employed basis and is paid a fixed fee per mentoring session.
ROLE OF A MENTOR
Mentors meet with their assigned graduate trainees once a month for an hourly mentoring session. The role of the mentor is to help foster the development of trainees over the course of their traineeships by offering impartial guidance and support. Mentors work with trainees to help them proactively identify their learning and development needs and comprise trainee-led solutions to address them.
WHAT’S REQUIRED OF A MENTOR?
• Experience as a fundraiser at senior management level
• Extensive knowledge of a range of fundraising methods
• Ability to actively listen and strong communication skills
• Interest in supporting the development of graduate trainees working as fundraisers across the sector
If you are interested in becoming a For Purpose mentor please email a copy of your CV to For Purpose Manager Adrian McCarthy at Adrian.McCarthy@forpurpose.ie
For informal queries please email Adrian or call direct on 01-234-3135.
Closing date for expressions of interest is Tuesday 6th August.