Role title: Trainee Accountant
Responsible to: Senior Finance Manager
Responsible for: Bank reconciliations and allocation of payments
Location: Tuath Offices, 33 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2. Hybrid working may also form a part of this role.
Duration: Full Time/Fixed term – 24 months
Hours: 37 hours per week, full-time, Monday to Friday.
Remuneration: €31,955 with 24 days Annual Leave.
To Apply: Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (in word doc format only – no PDFs) before 5pm on Friday, November 4th, 2022
The successful candidate for this role will participate in the For Purpose Graduate Programme.
FOR PURPOSE GRADUATE PROGRAMME
For Purpose is Ireland’s nonprofit graduate programme. We connect talented graduates who are looking to make a real impact in their careers with organisations across the nonprofit sector. For Purpose is managing the recruitment process for this Trainee Accountant role for Tuath Housing.
Graduate trainees on the For Purpose programme receive one-to-one mentoring and support throughout their traineeship. The programme provides you with the skills and development opportunities to start your career in the nonprofit sector and build your potential.
Tuath Housing is seeking to add a driven and ambitious Trainee Accountant to its team. This role will be based in Tuath’s office in Dublin and will offer the Trainee the chance to join one of Ireland’s leading Approved Housing Bodies.
ABOUT TUATH HOUSING
Tuath Housing provides accommodation for single people, families and those with special needs. Since its establishment in 2000, Tuath Housing has grown to become one of Ireland’s largest approved housing bodies. The organisation currently provides and manages over 8,700 homes with offices in Dublin, Cork, Galway and Dundalk.
Tuath Housing’s motivation is not financially driven. It aims to provide long-term, safe and quality housing, at the best possible value whilst locally building mixed, sustainable communities. Tuath’s staff are essential to achieving this aim.
Accounts receivable involves providing financial, administrative, and clerical support to the organisation. The role is primarily to maintain bank accounts and allocate payments on a daily basis. The Trainee Accountant will report directly to the Senior Finance Manager as part of the Revenue team and also work closely with the whole of the finance department, and communicate with other departments and offices in order to collect relevant information.
- Posting of banks payment and receipts
- Allocating of debtors’ payments as per remittances received
- Following up with overdue invoices on Debtors’ Ledger with Local Councils
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations and rent bank accounts reconciliation
- Uploading journals into Sage
- Updating bank file for weekly cash flow
- Maintaining HFA file for receipts from the HFA bank account
- Invoicing private leasing invoices and match off standing order payments for private landlords
- Monitoring and maintaining direct debit utility accounts
- Liaising with Utility Company and support any queries
- Invoicing of Recoup, CALF & CAS invoices upon request by development team
- Liaising with development team for any missing documentation
- Contacting local authorities and other debtors by phone, email or other means for remittances
- Assisting with other related duties as required for smooth operation of Revenue section of the Finance Department.
This job description is not definitive or restrictive and will be subject to periodic review. This opportunity would suit a graduate with a finance/accounting background with exceptional organisation skills and attention to detail looking for a career with purpose in the nonprofit sector with one of Ireland’s leading Approved Housing Bodies.
We are looking for an ambitious graduate with the following profile:
- Third level qualification finance/accounting/business, interested in training as an accountant
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure, manage a busy workload and meet deadlines
- Strong IT skills including knowledge and proficiency of MS Office Suite, proficiency in Excel knowledge of SAGE 200 Financial System desirable
- Previous experience in a similar busy accounts receivable environment advantage – Good knowledge of debits / credits
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Planning and analytical skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and work on own initiative and also be part of a team
- Willingness to learn and ask questions
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Can-do attitude and flexible approach
- Ability to deal with problems/enquires in a diplomatic and sensitive manner
- Willingness to work outside normal office hours on occasion
- Knowledge of the nonprofit/charity sector
- Experience of working independently
- Full permission to work in Ireland
If you fit this profile, then we would like to hear from you. Please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com (in word doc format only – no PDFs) before 5pm on Friday, November 4th, 2022.
Please include “Tuath Housing: Trainee Accountant” as the subject of the email. For more information on For Purpose please visit here, for more information on Tuath Housing please see their website.