Role title: Digital Engagement Officer
Location: The post holder will be located in 11/12 Warrington Place, Dublin 2.
Duration: Initial 12-month contract with the aim of progressing to permanency within Co-operative Housing Ireland on successful completion of the Graduate Programme (subject to performance).
Hours: 35 hours per week
Remuneration: €28,000 with 22 days Annual Leave.
For Purpose is Ireland’s nonprofit graduate programme. We connect talented graduates who are looking to make a real impact in their careers with organisations across the nonprofit sector.
Graduate trainees on the For Purpose programme receive one-to-one mentoring and support throughout their traineeship. The programme provides you with the skills and development opportunities to start your career in the nonprofit sector and build your potential.
Co-operative Housing Ireland
Co-operative Housing Ireland (CHI) is an Approved Housing Body (AHB) that represents, promotes and develops the co-operative housing movement in Ireland. CHI works closely with various stakeholders in the housing sector, including Local Authorities, Government, aspiring homeowners, tenants and developers, to provide high quality social-rented, co-operative homes across the country.
Co-operative Housing Ireland is seeking to add a Digital Engagement Officer to its Communications and Marketing team. The Graduate will learn about Co-operative Housing Ireland and Approved Housing Bodies, and work to develop content and share the story of social housing across a variety of digital platforms. This is a new role and the person appointed will have a chance to shape a digital media strategy for an organisation central to the social housing movement. The graduate will be provided with one-to-one mentoring and support from For Purpose and attend monthly learning seminars. This role provides an excellent opportunity for a creative individual, keen to demonstrate initiative in an organisation working to address one of the key social issues in Ireland.
Digital Engagement Officer
The Digital Engagement Officer will have a varied role from day-to-day management of social media, through to developing content, driving engagement and running ad campaigns.
The key elements of this role involve content creation, digital marketing management, event management, analysis and development. Furthermore, it should be noted that the organisation is dynamic and fast paced and therefore may be necessary to step beyond these areas to support others from time to time. Additionally, the post holder will also be involved with the broader work of the Policy and Communications team.
- Collaborate with and support colleagues on content production
- Contribute to the marketing plan and idea creation
- Assist in the creation of e-newsletters, vlogs and short videos, press releases, and online content (content calendars and scheduling)
- Create and support editing of content, news pieces and short videos, on the CHI website
Digital Marketing Management
- Manage and monitor social media channels, including LinkedIn and Twitter
- Plan and manage how CHI will maintain and drive its social media presence
- Promote Co-operative Housing Ireland’s (CHI) projects
- Drive engagement through online marketing, campaigns and communications
- Set up, monitor and report on paid digital advertising
- Manage Google AdWords account and optimise Google Ads
- Manage the logistics for a number of events and housing development launches during the year
- Plan and manage the logistics and promotions for CHI’s events, both physical and virtual
- Assist with goal setting and creative thinking
- Support and manage stakeholders in advance of and post events
Analysis and Development
- Review and analyse social media analytics
- Report on all digital communications and analytics
- Use analytic insights to inform the digital engagement strategy
- Keep informed about media strategies and best practice in digital engagement
- Identify opportunities for digital projects and development of content
- Evaluate opportunities to run digital ad campaigns
- Suggest strategies and approaches to establish and build online presence and engagement
This is an ideal opportunity for a graduate with an interest in digital media and a commitment to working with a housing co-operative that seeks to provide high quality social-rented and home ownership co-operative homes across the country.
We are searching for a motivated individual, with strong communication skills, to join CHI’s team and be a part of the For Purpose programme. The successful candidate will have the chance to make a real contribution to the organisation and develop their skills throughout the course of the traineeship.
Do you fit the profile we are looking for?
- Minimum level 8 degree in any discipline.
- Relevant experience in digital marketing / communications / campaigns / events
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral)
- Experience in using social media channels
- Strong IT Skills, including Microsoft Office 365, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Experience analysing and reporting on data from Google Analytics
- Permission to work in Ireland
- Creativity in developing multimedia and social media content
- Excellent attention to detail
- High level of initiative
- Strong organisational skills
- Highly motivated person with a keen interest in housing
- Relevant qualification in digital marketing, communications, event management, multimedia or related field
- Experience managing a Google AdWords Account
This job description is not a definitive list of tasks. Rather, it is designed to give an overview of the job. It is envisaged that the post-holder will use their own initiative and develop the job under guidance so that the organisations aims are achieved.
If your ambition is to work in the nonprofit sector with an organisation committed to social housing, then we would like to hear from you.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday, November 10th, 2021.
To apply, please send your CV and a succinct cover letter (in word document format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org.